Japanese rice cracker mix is a super popular snack in Japan’s food culture. Especially for munching while sipping on a cold refreshing beer. There are many different kind of rice cracker mix. Today we have the super mixed variety version:
I will review each one. And every piece can earn a possible 1 point being the highest, thus the whole bag can have 9 maximum points.
- Seasame ball with peanut – nice salty sesame flavor 
- Soy+Spicy with peanut – a little kick of spicy with light soy flavor 
- Wasabi with peanut – a bit thicker, still easy to bite [0.8]
- Broad Bean – Not easy to bite and the shell get stuck in between your teeth [0.6]
- Soy+Seaweed with peanut – Tasty soy sauce and seaweed flavor 
- Original with peanut [0.8]
- Wasabi Peas – No kick, but soft enough to easily bite into [0.6]
- Anchovy Fish – Hard! And the flavor gets stronger as you chew it more. Great for fish lovers. I like fish, so this was good [0.8]
- Black Bean – Nice soft crunch like a peanut with mild taste [0.7]
Ingredients: Unable to translate 🙁 I welcome anyone who wants to translate it for the snack community!
Product of Japan
Thank you bamboobox.org for sending me this.
Click here to see what people said on Instagram
2 thoughts on “Japanese Rice Cracker Mix with Anchovy Fish”
I was given these as a tip by a couple staying at an extended hotel for local and international travelers. I have been looking for these snacks for over two years. Could you help me find them??
You could find these in most Asian supermarkets. Online wise, I found a similar snack on eBay by searching “japanese peanut snack mix”. The ones on eBay does not contain dried salted fish or broad bean like this one though. Hope that helps!
Comments are closed.