This bag of premium mixed nuts was sent to me by @wasabys_usa. Kinjirushi Wasabi International is the pioneer of the Japanese wasabi industry since 1929. As a way to celebrate their 90th anniversary, they created their first wasabi snack. Wasaby’s only uses real wasabi powder and wasabi leaf imported from Japan.
My review on each pieces:
- Almond: Lightly roasted with a bit of softness like raw almonds and is paired well with the wasabi flavor.
- Peanut: Lightly roasted with a delicate amount of salt creating two separate taste.
- Cashew: Perfectly roasted, the surface has a light crunch while inside is tender and goes really well with the wasabi.
- Corn nugget: Strong taste of corn. However, unlike corn nuts, these were harder almost like a dehydrated kernel texture. But, the rigid shape pairs well with the wasabi flavor.
- Dried cranberry: The elephant in the room. This had the strongest taste in wasabi compared to other pieces. The cranberry and the wasabi gives you opposite feelings. While the sweetness tries to relax you, the wasabi jumps in to wake you up. Interesting combination.
- Honey Roasted Sesame Sticks: The super strong taste of wasabi gives you a tingly feeling on your tongue, then cools off after a few seconds. The sesame stick itself is soft to the bite with a nice crunch.
In summary: The real wasabi taste in this doesn’t sting your tongue like imitation wasabi. Instead, it’s gives your tongue a tingly feeling followed by a light freshness.
I’d like to thank @wasabys_usa for sending me this sample to try.
Rating 4 out of 5